Reports to and assists the General Manager in developing strategies and objectives toward driving store sales and profitability through effective leadership and communication.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assume store responsibility in General Manager’s absence.
- Inform General Manager of status initiatives, issues, schedules, and other items that impact location success.
- Assist General Manager in recruiting, hiring, promoting, training, addressing issues, and terminating employees.
- Supervise employees by assigning/directing work, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Assist General Manager with budget preparation, financial reporting, and sales invoice and accounts-payable monitoring.
- Assist General Manager with inventory and expense control.
- Solicit and value customer feedback, address deficiencies, and strive for continuous improvement.
- Observe and enforce compliance of Bloedorn programs and procedures.
- Attend and participate in Bloedorn-sponsored training, when required.
- Perform other assigned duties, responsibilities, or tasks.
Assistant Managers must:
- Complete and pass a pre-employment drug, alcohol, background screen, and Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).
- Have minimum 3-years’ experience in building-material industry, supervisory experience, and/or combination of both.
- Work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
- Speak, write, and communicate effectively in the English language.
- Interpret written, oral, diagrams, and schedule-form instructions.
- Calculate figures and amounts (i.e., discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc.).
- Utilize Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work in both an indoor and outdoor setting.
- Occasionally lift/move objects up to 100 pounds, stand, and walk.
- Regularly sit, use hands, reach with arms and hands, talk, and hear.
Apply at 2919 Main Street, Miles City, MT, or email an application to Chase Rasmussen at email@example.com.
Bloedorn Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status by applicable law.