Assistance Payments Worker 8/9/E10- Macomb County
The MDHHS mission is to provide opportunities, services, and programs that promote a healthy, safe, and stable environment for residents to be self-sufficient. We are committed to ensuring a diverse workforce and a work environment whereby all employees are treated with dignity, respect and fairness. For more information, please visit our MDHHS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan. (Download PDF reader)
The role of the Eligibility Specialist is to strengthen Michigan families by:
- Ensuring that each person/family that applies for public assistance receives the type and level of assistance that they are eligible for.
- Assessing the needs of each person/family and giving them appropriate information and making any referrals and/or contacts to persons/agencies to help them meet their needs.
- Providing all families with information about the expectations and goals of DHS.
- Encouraging and guiding families in their efforts to become self supporting.
To be considered, you MUST:
- Attach a copy of your official transcripts showing you meet the below educational requirements. These must be signed by the registrar or show the university seal. We do accept electronic official transcripts.
- Attach an up to date resume.
- Attach a cover letter.
Failure to complete any of the above items may result in your application being screened out.
Click here to view the full (Download PDF reader)Position Description (Download PDF reader) & here to view the Job Specification. (Download PDF reader)
Completion of two years of college (60 semester or 90 term credits).
Assistance Payments Worker 8
No specific type or amount is required.
Assistance Payments Worker 9
One year of experience equivalent to an Assistance Payments Worker 8, Migrant Program Worker 8, or Family Independence Specialist 9.
Assistance Payments Worker E10
Two years of experience equivalent to an Assistance Payments Worker, including one year equivalent to an Assistance Payments Worker 9
Two years equivalent to a Migrant Program Worker, including one year equivalent to a Migrant Program Worker 9
Two years of experience equivalent to a Family Independence Specialist, including one year equivalent to a Family Independence Specialist 10.
Four years of administrative support experience in a human services or office setting, including two years equivalent to the experienced (E7) level, may be substituted for the education requirement.
Completion of one year of college (30 semester or 45 term credits) and three years of administrative support experience in a human services or office setting, including one year equivalent to the experienced (E7) level, may be substituted for the education
Three years of Home Aide experience, including one year equivalent to a Home Aide E8, may be substituted for the education requirement.
Your application will be valid for 6 months from the date you apply. To make changes or add attachments, you may reapply.
Position Location/Remote Office: This position may work remotely or work hybrid (remote/office). The office is located at the Macomb County MDHHS.
- A secure work location that allows privacy and prevents distractions.
- A high-speed internet connection of at least 25 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.
- Suitable lighting, furniture, and utilities.
MDHHS is proud to be a Michigan Veteran’s Affairs Agency (MVAA) Gold Level Veteran-Friendly Employer.
The department reserves the right to close this posting at any time if it is determined that a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Follow us on LinkedIn for more job opportunities!
MDHHSJobs #MDHHSjobs #Veteranfriendly #Careerswithpurpose #CommunityHeroes