Assembly – 1st Shift (Starting $19.00+/hour)
The Assembler installs parts on and in cabs properly, timely, safely, and efficiently using summarized bills of material. Also responsible for setting up the area with all needed parts based on knowledge of the unit. This role inspects the material for any deficiencies and makes sure that all are corrected before moving the cab to the end of the assembly line. A successful candidate is a detail oriented, multi-tasker with the ability to handle assignments efficiently and accurately.
- Sets up area by stocking parts bins and parts shelves with parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled using summarized bills of material.
- Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, rivets, or other fasteners as required.
- Installs windows, mirrors, wire harness, wipers, inside panels, lights, and other necessary components per assembly drawing using pneumatic as well as hand tools.
- Performs inspection to assure paint and cab meets quality standards, electrical systems work correctly, the cab does not leak, and to assure all parts are installed and installed correctly.
- Assures deficiencies are corrected as needed.
- Completes and forwards required paperwork.
- Moves completed cab to the end of the assembly line.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Basic math skills
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with as few variables as possible
- Ability to read assembly drawings
- Ability to frequently bend and stoop
- Must be able to stand for extended period of time and exert moderate to heavy physical effort with a minimum lifting requirement of up to 50 pounds
- Must be willing to travel as needed via most efficient means
- Must be physically able to access all areas of the plant and grounds
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Work Hours/Status:
- The 1st shift includes Monday – Thursday 5am – 3pm.
- The 2nd shift includes Monday – Thursday 3pm – 1am with a shift differential of $3.00/hr.
- The weekend shift includes Friday – Sunday 6am-6pm for a total of 36 hours and added weekend shift differential of $4.50/hr.
This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and competencies required of this position. Employees are held accountable for all aspects for the job, which are subject to change at any time. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset. In filling job openings every effort is expended to find candidates within Crenlo, its divisions or subsidiaries. Employee development, opportunity to grow and continuing to evolve both as an employee and as a company are instrumental to our success. We encourage employees to inquire about open positions and apply to those that help further their career goals.
Crenlo Engineered Cabs is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability, or veterans status.Requirements: Crenlo’s total compensation – or total rewards – extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including: • Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off. • Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs. • Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions, short & long term disability insurance and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally, and financially. • Work-Life Integration: other benefits including Employee Assistance Program and other employee discount programs.