Assembler – Power Units Job in ITI Hydraulik USA
Founded in 1983 by Gilles Mailhot, ITI Hydraulik made its debut in Quebec in the Lanaudiere region, standing out in the field of hydraulics, particularly in the maintenance of agricultural heavy machinery.
Over the years, the company has progressively shifted to the field of vertical transport and set up several innovations that led it to stand out from the competition, such as synchronized telescopic cylinders and more compact hydraulic submersible power units. In 2010, a US location was added in Andrews, South Carolina.
We are a growing company in need of qualified candidates!
The ideal Assembler candidate has experience working in a mechanical manufacturing environment and knowledge of hydraulics. Must be a team player with strong attention to detail.
The Assembler – Power Unit role is responsible to assemble the power units for commercial and residential elevators.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations, and compliances.
- Assemble Pump, motor, valves and components of power unit.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerance using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers, vernier calipers, and tape measures.
- Inspect, measure, and test completed assembled components to ensure conformance to specifications, using measuring and testing devices.
- Operate forklift and overhead crane.
- Read blueprints, work orders, and production schedules to determine product or job instructions and specifications.
- Record operational information on specified production reports (Audits).
- Work overtime as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability and desire to cross-train as back-up in other areas of the manufacturing plant.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted (100 lbs. assisted).
- Ability to read and use a tape measure.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment.
- Ability to weld.
- Ability to work as an individual and as a team.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and quality.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Experience with crane and forklift operations.
- Experience with rigging and use of lifting devices.
- Familiarity with OSHA industrial standards.
- Mechanical and mathematical aptitude.
- Positive work-attitude.
- Reliable and highly motivated.
- Statistical process control training.
- Team player and respectful of others.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1+ years of mechanical assembler work experience preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This is a physical and labor-intensive position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in a standard manufacturing environment where they are required to stand and move for extended periods of time. The employee will also be expected to spend time using a computer and other machines. The environment can be extremely hot at times. This environment involves standing, climbing, kneeling, reaching, and crouching. Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull and balance up to 50 pounds (unassisted) and must be able to do so with extreme care and caution.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
We follow CDC, SCDHEC and OSHA guidelines.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Andrews, SC 29510: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- REQUIRED: Reply YES to acknowledge the pay range for this position is $14-15/hour dependent on relevant work experience AND position is located in Andrews, SC.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location