Aisles Online Shopper
At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We promise “a helpful smile in every aisle” and those smiles can only come from a workforce that is fully engaged and committed to supporting our customers and each other.
Job Title: Online Personal Shopper
Department: Aisles Online
FLSA : Non-Exempt
Responsible for selecting “the best of the best” products for our online shoppers. Will also be responsible for accurately selecting groceries ordered online by our customers.
- Growth mindset
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director, Store Manager, Assistant Managers of Store Operations, Perishables, and Health Wellness Home Online Shopping Department Manager
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- Escorting them to the products they are looking for.
- Securing products that are out of reach.
- Loading or unloading heavy items.
- Making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests.
- Performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers the telephone and emails promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Accurately selects groceries ordered online by customers.
- Selects highest quality produce, meat, and other fresh products.
- Selects, scans, and bags items from all temperature zones.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Tenders customer orders through POS and charge the customer’s credit card.
- Upon gathering orders, place in storage at proper temperature and promptly retrieve from storage prior to customer’s arrival.
- Ensures products maintain proper temperature through the entire process.
- Cart to and place in holding area for pick-up.
- Lift, carry, and load groceries into customer vehicle.
- Continually monitors incoming online orders to ensure prompt, on-time fulfillment.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
- Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote the values of the company.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills ability to relate to and interact with people in a friendly, professional manner.
- Ability to identify problems, develop and execute solutions.
- Must possess the ability to substitute products for customers, upon request and unavailability.
- Well organized, able to multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily workload with limited supervision.
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction.
- Must be physically able to perform medium work: occasionally lifting or carrying objects of no more than 50 pounds, with frequent standing, walking, and lifting/carrying of objects of no more than 25 pounds.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: stooping, kneeling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
The duties of this position are mostly performed in a retail store setting. This position maybe exposed to dust, noise, and temperature extremes. There are possible hazards from moving equipment and possible electrical shock. There is constant pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a day. This is a fast-paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Pallet jack, box cutter, cash registers, trash compactor, fork lift, calculator, telephone, intercom, cardboard compactor, copier, fax (within wage and hour guidelines).
Has daily contact with store personnel, customers, and the general public.
Are you ready to smile, apply today.