AIRCRAFT PAINTER, HILL AFB UTAH
Aircraft Painter AMXS
Job Location DOCATs UTAH – Ogden, UT
Position Type Full Time
Education Level High School
Salary Range$26.16 Hourly
Aircraft Painter AMXS
Aircraft, Painter The Aircraft Painter coats surfaces of aircraft with paint, lacquer, epoxy, resin or other material, using brushes, rollers, spray guns and other devices, removes old paint from aircraft, using liquid paint remover and scraper. Smoothes surface with sandpaper and steel wool, roughens aluminum surfaces with acid solution and steel wool to insure that paint adheres to surface, masks and covers portions of surfaces not to be painted, and paint insignia, letters or numerals on aircraft surface, using stencils.
- The Contractor shall provide services for the removal and disassembly of AGE, airborne, and aircraft components, support equipment, and other components in preparation for removal and application of surface coatings.
- Perform bead blast tasks IAW drawings, blueprints, engineering specifications, Work Control Documents (WCD), AFMC and other Government formats. Contractor shall set up, make adjustments to, and operate various bead blast machines.
- Remove various coatings and rust by various mechanic methods: sanding scrapping with non-metallic tools manual and robotic coatings removal using abrasive blast media (steel grit, glass, corn starch, and plastic bead), chemical strippers de-greasers solvents, etc.
- Provide painting services primarily including preparation, finishing, painting, or repairing of damaged finishes on AGE, airborne, and aircraft components, support equipment, deployable shelters, missile components and transportation units, and other components.
- Apply fiberglass and bond patch repairs using hand tools to dents, scratches, and tears in support of missile transportation units. Ensuring a smooth, defect free finish prior to paint.
- Perform hanging and unloading of parts off overhead conveyor system utilizing various carts, slings, and wire ropes.
- Load and unload various aircraft wheels in autoblaster to include: adding media and checking levels of media hazwaste.
- Check and change external dust collector bags or drums for walk-in blaster and hand blaster. Process includes removing and securing of full bag or drum, removing pallet via pallet jack, replacing pallet, replacing and securing new bag or drum to dust collector.
Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Must be a High School graduate or equivalent.
Must have a Valid Driver License.
Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and pass any medical examination requirements related to performing the task.
Must Pass pre-employment and post-employment drug testing.
Must Pass pre-employment background check.
Must have favorable Clearance.
Must be able to obtain and maintain access to Military Installations.