ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER Job in State of Rhode Island
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of a superior who is usually an agency head, with wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgement in the performance of assignments; work is subject to review for conformance to policies, rules and instructions.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervises and coordinates the work of subordinates assigned to assist in administrative tasks.
- To assist the head of a department, agency or division by relieving such superior of complex administrative duties and responsibilities that are directly related to the primary function of the agency and purpose of the work of said superior.
- To study and analyze operational procedures and prepare detailed and comprehensive reports of findings and recommendations.
- To work with the Division of Methods, Research and Office Services on method studies and to implement changes approved by the agency head.
- To perform varied public relations duties such as preparing news releases and writing and delivering speeches, and meeting with community groups to explain agency programs and engender public interest and participation.
- To assist a superior by performing administrative tasks and research in preparation of the agency’s annual budget.
- To supervise the performance of the work of a staff engaged in providing administrative supporting services including personnel, budget, fiscal and supply.
- To coordinate the flow of work among the various units within the agency and; to assign or reassign space, equipment, supplies and personnel as necessary, to expedite the flow of work.
- To handle important and routine correspondence.
- To do related work as required
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES: A working knowledge of the principles and practices of public administration; a working knowledge of the principles and practices of modern office management and the ability to apply this knowledge in supervising and coordinating the work of a staff engaged in performing administrative supporting services; the ability to prepare reports and findings, conclusions, and recommendations; the ability to write and deliver speeches to groups; and related capacities and abilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Such as may have been gained through: graduation from a college of recognized standing; and
Experience: Such as may have been gained through: employment as a staff assistant to an agency head or as a technician in a staff service of a large organization involved in making administrative studies and analyses.
Or, any combination of education and experience that shall be substantially equivalent to the above education and experience.
Confidential Administrative Officer.
Strong Writing and Communication skills.
Experience and knowledge working with Therapy
Computer skills proficient in the Microsoft suite; strong typing skills (45 WPM).
Ability to multitask and prioritize in a high volume setting.
Valid driver’s license and registered vehicle.
Ability to manage high volume schedules of other team members.
Experience successfully managing a multitude of projects due at the same time.
Any project management experience.