Administrative Coordinator – Centralized Credentialing
Scripps Health Administrative Services supports our five hospitals and 19 outpatient facilities, which treat half a million patients annually through 2,600 affiliated physicians.
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and respect of an organization that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Join a winning team supporting the Centralized Credentialing department at Scripps Health as an Administrative Coordinator. In this important and high-visibility role, you will work closely with leadership while providing administrative support to the department (telephones, faxing, mail, etc.) and helping to maintain our provider credentialing database.
General Administrative Coordinator responsibilities may include the following:
- Provide administrative support to ensure smooth operations.
- Perform clerical, administrative, and general office duties involving typing, record and file maintenance, document creation, mail distribution and reception.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the units operations, organization and procedures.
- Maintain office files and records in accordance with internal procedures.
- Receive and refer visitors and telephone callers.
- Respond to requests for information.
- Opens and distributes mail.
- Provide a full range of administrative data management and coordination of reporting and project duties for the department.
- Analysis and maintenance of systems and equipment.
- Maintain appointment calendars.
This is a benefitted Full Time, Day Shift position, currently located on the Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego campus in Hillcrest.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Intermediate computer skills, including MS Office.
- Adaptable and able to handle large volumes of work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent critical thinking and project coordination skills.
- College courses in business, medical terminology preferred.
- One year of experience in customer service, administrative or support role preferred.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.