An opportunity has arisen for an outstanding Administrative Coordinator to provide complete administrative support to a few teams and leaders in our hybrid work environment. This position is based out of our Chicago office.
Our new work plan is “Engaged and Together When It Counts” and we will work in-office:
- 1 day per month (Third Thursday of every month – Magnet Day)
- Ad hoc as needed to prepare for in-office days (approx twice/month in addition to Magnet Day) If you prefer to work in-office more than that, that is ok too!
Though you’ll have a defined group of employees you’re supporting, the strength of our team is that we are well-connected to share our workloads, cover each other’s vacations, and work together to adapt to new workflows as the US region grows. (Emphasis on covering each other’s vacations – that includes you unplugging and forgetting us when you’re off the clock!)
Working amongst a team of dedicated, enthusiastic, and creative administrative professionals, this role will see you work as a team to keep loose ends tied up, which allows our technical teams to focus on their specialties. When our newest museum or net zero energy building opens up, you’ll know that you had a role in bringing that project to life. Utilizing exceptional communication and critical thinking skills, you will confidently learn to anticipate what your team needs next.
Resourcefulness and an eye for detail will serve you well in this engaging position. (All of that is corporate speak for, “Our team solves the problems no one else is sure how to deal with, so our engineers and consultants can keep working their magic on their projects!”)
What will I be doing?
- Providing all-around administrative support to 1-2 defined employee teams including preparing reports, logging and responding to project-related inquiries, and formatting large batches of documents as well as renewing memberships and meeting coordination as needed
- Providing back-up support to other admins and their teams while they are out (they will do the same for you when you are out!)
- Managing and coordinating business travel arrangements
- Providing light facilities back-up when needed
- Other administrative duties as assigned
What will I bring to the role?
- Experience working in a highly detailed field or industry, with 1-2 years in a support role
- Positive attitude with an enthusiasm to connect with the team and their work. Eagerness to get to know employees in other disciplines and work collaboratively
- Great communication skills across email, instant message, in person, and on video and phone calls. (During business hours – we don’t want to hear from you on your vacation.)
- Strong computer skills and experience of using spreadsheets and databases in the Microsoft suite. If you aren’t well-skilled in Microsoft products, we can also accept experience learning many new softwares and programs. We are currently automating our systems through Power Automate, so any knowledge or experience in this area is greatly preferred as well.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: administrative/office work, travel arrangements, personal assistance, event planning, or other detail-oriented people-facing positions
What we offer:
- This position is classified as non-exempt and will be eligible for overtime pay. The salary range of $60,000-70,000 will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience
- Generous benefits package
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Generous PTO (4 weeks) in addition to 10 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Hybrid working & summer hours
- Reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees
- Global network of experts
- Learning and development opportunities
- Be a part of our Young Employees Forum and our Diversity and Inclusion Forum
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired?
Described by our clients as passionate, innovative, collaborative: Buro Happold is an independent, international engineering practice that for over 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the worlds leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering and consulting professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today. Follow us @burohappold and find out more at www.burohappold.com.
Buro Happold value flexible working as an important part of the way we work. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.