Administrative Assistant – Plant Maintenance Job in Sees Candies
Work is Sweet!
Quality without Compromise is not just a motto at Sees Candies. It is the most important ingredient in our recipe for success. Sees Candies has been in business since 1921 and maintains a reputation for producing the highest quality candy and providing superior customer service.
Sees is a leader in the confectionary industry with over 250 retail shops across the USA.
At See’s Candies the key ingredient to our success is the dedication of our employees. It’s thanks to their passion and commitment that we remain a customer favorite, maintaining quality and integrity in all aspects of our business. The Facilities and Utilities Manager has the unique opportunity to contribute their talent, energy and ideas as we make life a little sweeter, one piece of candy at a time.
This position provides support to the Plant Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Programs.
- Provides support to Plant Maintenance Department, including processing documents, correspondence, reports, forms and regulatory information. Provides customer service and directs inquiries to appropriate staff members; maintains department records.
- Coordinates Maintenance Programs, including but not limited to: processing purchase orders for parts; inventory control; compliance programs and permits for all locations; work orders; PM Program maintenance; generating PM performance reports; controlling services and supplies.
- Prepares, reconciles and maintains departmental reports, including operating budget and capital budget preparation, payment requests and payment reconciliation.
- Maintains attendance and performance records for maintenance personnel; prepares and administers vacation schedule for Plant Maintenance Department.
- Assists Manager with security-related responsibilities including communication with security alarm provider and distribution of controlled keys.
- Assists Maintenance Manager in obtaining required State & County permits. Aids in the coordination of Emergency Preparedness and Safety programs.
- Assists Maintenance Manager on Safety-and Food Safety-related activities, including but not limited to Safety/Food Safety inspection walks and internal audits; maintains required reports and records. Tracks mandatory training for the Maintenance team.
- Keeps the mandatory programs up to date, including Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) program and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the Maintenance team. Includes generating and updating LOTO SOPs, inspections, etc.
- Completes other duties and special projects as requested by management.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities to enhance technology and innovation that will improve departmental effectiveness.
- All See’s staff must be committed to the company’s core principles and workplace values, including diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated proficiency in PCs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Five years administrative experience in industrial or manufacturing environment, including acquaintance with Preventive Maintenance, regulatory and compliance programs (e.g. hazardous and non-hazardous waste, air quality management, waste water, storm drains, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented, with demonstrated reputation for thorough process documentation, creation, review and training.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated willingness to work in a team environment with different departments.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and manage change efficiently, proactively and in a positive manner.
Sees is an EOE
See’s will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance #131192 and Los Angeles Municipal Code 189.00).