Administrative Assistant Job in Grant Thornton
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
A career with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
Provide exceptional professional administrative support and service in the Winnipeg office. As an Administrative Assistant you will provide direct administrative support to Partners, Managers, colleagues, and clients. On a daily basis the Tax and Assurance teams will rely on you to help ensure the operational excellence Grant Thornton strives to provide its clients and employees. You will be an integral part of the practice, front line contact for clients and a liaison for employees to contact their clients.
If you are an outgoing team player and have excellent communication, administrative and interpersonal skills, along with a keen desire to learn and grow, we are interested in talking to you!
- Assisting Partners with managing their dynamic growing practices
- Working independently and within a team environment to support the client service colleagues to produce high quality client deliverables
- Review and assemble financial statements, tax returns, correspondence, proposals, and presentations in accordance with firm standards and branding using CaseWare accounting software program and Microsoft Office.
- Supporting projects by tracking deadlines, documenting budgets and reporting on progress
- Prepare letters and reports using firm templates in compliance with Firm standards
- Proof-read, review for quality, and verify content before finalizing any client deliverables
- Scan documents and embed in electronic file
- Managing calendars, travel, appointments, and meetings
- Regular contact with clients and CRA
- Completing expense claims on behalf of the Partners and others as required
- Coordinating and preparing invoices to clients
- Organize information and maintain CRM database for marketing purposes using our contact relationship management software
- Managing correspondence on behalf of the Partners and Managers
- Coordinating tax form assembly, filings and managing deadlines
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Think you’ve got what it takes to be an Administrative Assistant? Like the colour purple? Great. Heres a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- Post-secondary education with one year community college with an administrative background; 2-4 years’ work experience in a busy professional services environment
- Proactive, critical thinker and takes ownership of their administrative role and the impact that it has on the team
- Professional and talented at building excellent interpersonal relationships and proven experience to work in a team effectively
- Keen attention to detail, efficient and accurate
- Discrete with a high level of confidentiality, available, autonomous and a self-starter
- Talented at handling multiple tasks and shifting priorities while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Strong multitasking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced experience and proficient working with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Client Relationship Management (CRM) tool and experience editing, and formatting financial statements (using CaseWare) would be an asset
- Eager to learn and become a strong contributing member to our team
- Overtime may be required periodically
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.