Administrative Assistant I
Administrative Assistant I
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
OSDH is seeking a full time Administrative Assistant I providing support to McCurtain County Health Department. This is a state employee position 34000969 governed by the Civil Service Rules located and Human Capital Modernization Rules again PIN: 34000300 located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2022. The annual salary for this position is up to $38,181.00, based on education and experience.
This position supervises the daily administrative operations of the county health department. Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing administrative support for program areas and support functions, or serve as an assistant to, or provide administrative support to a Regional Director or an official. Responsibility for an administration program providing various services to agency customers, and similar duties and responsibilities
• Supervision of clerical staff in performing duties involving the processing of applications for various types of permits or license, maintaining various records, preparing correspondence or other materials, and similar duties
- Process daily, weekly and monthly financial reports daily deposits
- Monitors and processes all applicable processes to ensure all financial records and guidelines are maintained and followed in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Serve as the liaison between the county health department and county officials.
- This position will also be fluent in the operations of frontline services and will cover those duties in the absence of frontline staff along with coordination of clinical services.
- Duties will include but are not limited to: checking in clients and verifying information for WIC, Title X, STD, Immunization, verifying Medicaid status as well as taking Medicaid applications issuing WIC benefits scheduling appointments as appropriate.
- In addition, this position will serve to meet the expanded need in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of spelling, punctuation, and business English of business mathematics of modern office methods and procedures of the maintenance of complex records of the major policies and procedures governing assigned programs and of supervisory principles and practices. Ability is required to maintain effective working relationships with others to handle confidential work to interpret and handle routine matters in accordance with agency policy and to follow oral and written instructions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
Applicant must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position. A valid driver’s license is required.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of four years of technical clerical office work or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.