Administrative Assistant for Student Affairs
Overview of Administrative Assistant for Student Affairs
The Administrative Assistant for Student Affairs will support the Offices of the Dean of Students, Student Life, and Veteran Services, as well as the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs by handling administrative tasks, including, but not limited to, organization of student conduct hearings, managing Purchasing Card operations, paying invoices, and placing orders via the Ariba system. This position may travel to the Westville campus.
- $16.00 – $18.00
- Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm
Duties and Responsibilities of Administrative Assistant for Student Affairs
- Handling financial matters including distributing, tracking and reconciling Purchasing Cards, payment of invoices, placing purchase orders in and making purchases through the Ariba procurement system
- Managing conduct processes including communicating with respondents and witnesses scheduling hearing boards
- Preparing paperwork for hearing boards
- Updating the Maxient system with new conduct information and assisting with tracking of cases to ensure they are heard in a timely fashion
- Managing the day-to-day office functions within the Office of the Dean of Students, including answering phones, greeting students, schedule and maintain calendars, reserve rooms, arrange events, managing student workers, and tracking office supply needs
- Additionally, supports the office of student life in tracking their supplies and checking the student life email
- Track storage for the Office of the Dean of Students and the Office of Student Life by working with both on inventorying items and organizing storage areas
Benefits of Administrative Assistant for Student Affairs
- Full benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Retirement, Life Insurance and more
- Ten paid vacation days first year of employment
- Ten paid holidays
- University paid and matching contribution to retirement
- University contribution to Health Savings Account –
- Plus, a chance to earn more through participating in University Wellness Initiatives
- Employee Wellness Programs
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition remission for you, your spouse and dependent children at any Purdue campus
For more information on our excellent benefit package, please visit: https://www.pnw.edu/human-resources/benefits/
Purdue University Northwest (PNW) is a premier metropolitan university dedicated to empowering transformational change in our students and in our community. We offer two campuses serving approximately 8,800 undergraduate and graduate students. At PNW, we value academic excellence, support growth, and celebrate diversity.
PNW sits between Chicago’s skyscrapers and Lake Michigan’s sandy shores. You can have all the perks of a world-class city just a short drive away or enjoy the natural beauty of the Indiana Dunes National Park and Lake Michigan just 15 miles away.
Education of Administrative Assistant for Student Affairs
- High school diploma/GED required
Experience of Administrative Assistant for Student Affairs
- Two years’ previous administrative support experience required
- Ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a college environment
Core Competencies of Administrative Assistant for Student Affairs
- Ability to use good judgment, multi-task, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative, maintain confidentiality, and work effectively with diverse groups of individuals
- Ability to navigate databases, create spreadsheets, and report generation
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Preferred skills include knowledge of Canva or Adobe as well as previous experience working in the Maxient conduct system or a similar system
Professional references will be verified prior to any offer of employment. Employment is contingent upon completion of successful background check along with a motor vehicle records check if applicable.
Purdue University Northwest is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.