About the Department
The Department of Commerce aims to make sure Montana is the best place to work, live and play. We work alongside private industry and local organizations to create jobs, grow businesses, develop affordable housing and improve community infrastructure.
(You can learn more about us here.)
About this Position
Montana Housing strengthens our vibrant communities by supporting access to safe, affordable and sustainable homes for Montanans whose housing needs are not met by the market. Montana Housing assists with buying a home, down payment assistance, mortgage servicing, Reverse Annuity Mortgages, rental housing assistance and multifamily rental development.
Job Overview: The Administrative Assistant collaborates with program staff and leadership to complete and ensure the accuracy of information shared with our internal and external partners. Through daily effort and visibility, the Administrative Assistant secures the mission of the Housing Division to provide safe affordable housing to Montanans.
This position is open until filled with a first review date of July 12th, 2023.
How to apply
Apply online by submitting your resume, cover letter, and three professional business references. (Please Note: You do not need to complete the “work experience” or the “education & certifications” portion of the application process in our recruiting system. You only need to upload the requested documentation.)
- Look here to see the additional benefits! They include:
- Work/life Balance
- Health Coverage
- Retirement plans
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave and Holidays
- And more…
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) – Employment with the State of Montana may qualify you to receive student loan forgiveness under the PSLF. Look here to learn more and see if you may qualify!
Other important information to be aware of
- This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Only online applications are accepted. By applying online, you can receive updates and monitor the status of your application.
- If you fail to upload the requested application documents and/or preference documents, we will notify you via email. Failure to upload these documents after notification will result in your application being removed from consideration.
- This position allows for a hybrid work schedule from a remote location within the State of Montana. Weekly travel to Helena offices will be required. Specific conditions will be outlined as part of the job offer and must adhere to state policy. New Employees may be required to complete training in person before hybrid work schedules begin.
Special Requirements: Must be able to manage sensitive confidential data in a professional manner and in accordance with strict ethical standards. Must be able to identify complex issues and resolve conflicts in a swift and professional manner ensuring the highest level of service to our diverse client base.
Other combinations of experience and education will be considered on a 1-1 basis
(1 year of education is equal to 1 year of experience & 1 year of experience is equal to 1 year of education for evaluation purposes)
- Total combined years must add up to the total of education plus experience listed as minimum qualifications for the application to be considered.