Job Title:Administrative Assistant
Department:Administration, Facilities & Secretarial
Country:United States of America
Full/Part Time:Full time
Job Summary:Under close supervision, this position provides administrative support and coordinates activities for a department or group of professionals.
- Act as a liaison and interface with employees at all levels, other departments, customers and outside agencies.
- Assist management or professional staff with the completion of their duties, including reporting, filing, researching, and project support.
- Complete a variety of administrative projects and tasks using diverse software applications (Payroll, Workday).
- Develop reports, memos, letters, etc., and compose, critique and edit correspondence.
- Handle all incoming communications such as answering and screening calls, taking messages and answering routine questions, including attending to letters, emails, and visitors when necessary.
- Maintain computer files and logs for presentation materials, memos, letters, and reports.
• Respond to or follow up on inquiries regarding the customers policies and procedures. • Maintain schedule of events and/or deliveries.
- Prepare for new hires first day by ordering all assets, submitting requests for security setup, handling training schedule, etc.
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent with up to 1 year of professional experience.
- Experience in an administrative role
- Ability to type quickly and accurately
- Communication skills
- Computer skills with Microsoft programs
- Data entry experience
- Detail oriented
- Experience prioritizing and coordinating schedules
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- File management
Education:GED (Required), High School (Required)
Work Experience:Business Administration, Clerical/Administrative, Communications
Job Opening ID:00517269 Administrative Assistant (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.