Aquarion Water Company is the public water supply company for more than 750,000 people in 72 cities and towns throughout Connecticut, as well as serving customers in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. It is the largest investor-owned water utility in New England and among the seven largest in the U.S. Based in Bridgeport, CT, it has been in the public water supply business since 1857. Across its operations, Aquarion strives to act as a responsible steward of the environment and to assist the communities it serves in promoting sustainable practices. Aquarion Water Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Eversource.
A position is available for an Administrator to provide administrative and business support for the Rates and Regulations and the Real Estate Departments reporting directly to the Director of Rates and Regulations and the Manager of Real Estate. The responsibilities below represent the general work that is needed for the position, but is not considered to include all work that may be needed.
- Assist with CT, MA and NH regulatory filings ensuring all documents comply with required formats and including the use of CT’s electronic filing system.
- Maintain departmental calendar for all CT, NH and MA regulatory filing and issue the weekly reminder.
- Prepare and file CT’s monthly accident report.
- Run SAP reports in preparation for regulatory reporting.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, process goods receipt and invoices.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings.
- Review and update Business Continuity Plan, Staffing Emergency Response Plan when staffing changes occur.
- Run weekly safety tailgate meetings.
- Prepare residential leases and residential lease addendums.
- Assist with residential tenant move-ins and move-outs.
- Maintain spreadsheets in Excel, including current tenant listings, active contractors, and semi-weekly residential rental status updates.
- Monthly billing through SAP for all residential, cellular, and miscellaneous land leases.
- Track monthly payments in the Company’s Customer Portal for all rentals and correspond with tenants regarding delinquent payments.
- Track all operating and capital expenses for residential rentals in Excel.
- Assist with preparing the department’s annual operating budget.
- Process check requests and all invoices and create notifications and purchase requisitions in SAP.
- Prepare annual income and expense reports for town assessors.
- Other miscellaneous filing, scanning, and document preparation as required.
- Minimum 3 years in administrative position
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organization skills
- SAP experience highly preferred
- High competency in use of Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point).
- Must have ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Must be self-motivated able to make decisions independently
Job is classified as a nonexempt position with a weekly rate of $841.50 – $1,210.90.
Aquarion requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Aquarion’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Aquarion does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Aquarion Water Company is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.