Accounts Payable Clerk, District Treasurer Job in Abilene USD 435
Abilene Public Schools in Abilene, Kansas is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk / District Treasurer.
The Accounts Payable Clerk maintains the financial books and accounts for the school district to ensure accurate accounting for receipts and disbursements. To accomplish these tasks, the Accounts Payable Clerk must work closely with the staff and administration of the District Office and communicate well with staff throughout the district.
- At least a high school diploma or Equivalent. (Post-secondary training in accounting and/or business preferred.)
- Two years’ experience in accounting. (Experience in a school office setting preferred.)
- Working knowledge of computer usage and applications, as well as various office machines and telecommunications equipment.
- Desire to continue career improvement by enhancing skills and job performance.
- Ability to maintain the financial books and accounts for the district to ensure accurate accounting for receipts and disbursements.
- Ability to ensure financial activities conform to district guidelines.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with members of the school district and community.
- Ability to react to change and frequent interruptions in a productive and positive manner, meeting deadlines as assigned.
- Ability to appropriately operate all equipment as required.
- Ability to be self-directed and willing to seek assistance to thoroughly understand unfamiliar tasks.
- Ability to work to implement the vision and mission of the district.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing and use of equipment including repetitive motions and computer eye fatigue.
- Requires moderate physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push objects of no more than 20 pounds or materials repetitively.
- Requires climbing stairs, stooping, bending, and reaching to maintain hard-copy records.
- Must occasionally work in noisy and crowded environments, with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to maintain and run accurate 1099 files and records.
- Ability to process and tear down all District purchase orders. Mail out purchase orders. Encumber all purchase orders and file appropriately.
- Ability to enter receipts into the system. Process deposits for the district.
- Ability to enter bills to be paid for the district and for Food Service. File bills for Board meetings. Process accounts payable checks and prepare for mailing. Maintain files for accounts payable bills and file all bills for District and Food Service.
- Ability to reconcile checks, accounts payable and payroll, for the district. Reconcile bank statements.
- Ability to enter and check budget figures as instructed by Business Manager/Board Clerk.
- Ability to open mail and match invoices to purchase orders.
- Ability to answer accounts payable calls on invoices and purchase orders from vendors and schools.
- Ability to request invoices and 1099 information.
- Ability to process all utility and phone bills for the district.
- Ability to operate printers.
- Ability to always follow all school district policies.
- Ability to respond to information requests in a cooperative, courteous, and timely manner.
- Ability to place orders for staff throughout the district.
- Ability to book hotels and assist with travel accommodations for students and staff as needed.
- Ability to keep personnel information and records confidential.
- Ability to implement and follow all District health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Blood-borne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Ability to perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as directed by the Business Manager/Board Clerk.